Maker Faire Pittsburgh is committed to providing an inclusive and interactive experience for all visitors.
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, producer of Maker Faire Pittsburgh, is committed to providing exhibits, programs and public spaces that are inclusive and interactive for all visitors. Maker Faire admission includes admission to the Museum.
THE FAIRE GROUNDS
Accessible pathways are available throughout all Faire locations. Service animals are welcome in all Faire locations.
For all performances, panels, workshops, and entertainment on the Pedal Powered Main Stage and in the Workshop Zone, the following services will be available:
- American Sign Language Interpretation’
- Audio Description
Accessible restrooms will be located by the Drone Zone on Nova Place Plaza and near the Food Truck Village on Allegheny Commons West.
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh staff are trained on how to help visitors with various needs and can provide the following services and tools to individuals free of charge for use within the Museum (supplies are limited):
- Sound blocking headphones
- Sensory blanket and vests
- Wrist assistance cuffs
- Versatile Velcro lap tables, adjustable to fit most wheelchairs
There is accessible parking & van-accessible parking in two areas:
- Parking Lot on West Commons & Allegheny Square West, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- Nova Place Parking Garage 100 S Commons, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 by the K9 Elevators
We suggest these accessible routes:
- Park on Allegheny Square West, either in the parking lot or further down the road towards Children’s Museum there are more accessible spaces. Both areas are $6 to park
- Walk or roll on the sidewalk through the parking lot with the Food Trucks in it. There will be a ticketing section here to get into Maker Faire Pittsburgh.
- Once through the Food truck lot, Turn Left on Children’s Way
- Pass the Children’s Museum on your left and make a right to enter more MakerFaire space. There will be a slight elevation on this sidewalk.
For parking in the Nova Place garage on 100 S Commons, Pittsburgh, PA 15212:
- You’ll find accessible spaces near the K9 Elevators on both Level B, which is the street level, or Level C.
- The event is up the elevators on the Plaza (P) Level
You can find these instructions, along with pictures of the parking areas on the Blind Square Event App via http://apple.co/1in4eJA
If you have other questions about accessibility at Maker Faire Pittsburgh, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about accessibility at the Children’s Museum, contact email@example.com.