Maker Faire Pittsburgh will feature a variety of eclectic, diverse and forward thinking projects and ideas that highlight the DIY and tinkerer spirit. Exhibits, displays, and presentations will include topics such as student projects, robotics, 3D printers and CNC mills, textile arts and crafts, home energy monitoring, rockets and R/C toys, sustainability, green tech, radios, vintage computers and game systems, electronics, electric vehicles, biology/biotech and chemistry projects, puppets, kites, bicycles, unusual tools or machines and more.
Call for Makers
June 15 – August 15, 2015
Individuals, groups, schools, clubs, organizations, and businesses are invited to apply to demonstrate what they make and share what they have learned with other makers and with the community. Applications are available June 15 – August 15, 2015. Click here for more information.
Upcoming Info Sessions
- Learn more about how you can be a part of Maker Faire Pittsburgh as a maker, performer, presenter, sponsor, or volunteer.
- Ask questions about the Call for Makers application process (Round I deadline July 15; Round II deadline August 15)
- Tell us what you want to do and see at the event.
Please register for the info session(s) you will attend:
• Wednesday July 1, 6:30-8:30 pm at AlphaLab Gear Register
• Tuesday, July 7, 6:30-8:30pm at Assemble Register
• Monday, July 13, 6:30-8:30pm at TechShop Pittsburgh Register
• Saturday, July 18, 1pm – 5pm at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh (Open House format – no reservations required)
• Saturday, August 8, 5:30-7:30pm at HackPittsburgh Register
Upcoming Drop-In Sessions
If you can’t make an info session and have specific questions about your Maker Faire application, stop by a Maker Faire Drop-In Session for a one-on-one discussion with Maker Faire Staff. No registration required.
• Thursday 7/2, 5:30-7:30 at TechShop Pittsburgh
• Thursday 7/9, 5:30-7:30 at TechShop Pittsburgh
Maker Faire Pittsburgh builds on the success of three Mini Maker Faires held at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh. This new “featured” Faire promises to be larger and broader, with more makers, activities, presentations and surprises. Details will be announced in June. In the meantime, check out these photos from past Pittsburgh Mini Maker Faires.
Maker Faire is a community-based learning event that inspires everyone to become a maker! The event will feature technology, art, craft, electronics, pyrotechnics, engineering, and other projects created by makers themselves. In addition to displays and exhibits, Maker Faire Pittsburgh will feature special performances, speakers, demonstrations and workshops featuring 3D printing, laser cutting, microcontrollers, silk screening… and so much more.